New and Advanced Technologies Special Interest Group
Role of the New and Advanced Technologies Special Interest Group:
The IFEM New and Advanced Technology Special Interest Group (NATSIG) was founded in 2018 and exists to provide a forum to develop the Global Report on New and Advanced Technology in Emergency Medicine, the Global Health Technologies Evaluation Framework and the Global Health Technology Awareness Strategy.
NATSIG is designed to become a panel of Emergency Physicians providing insight on new technology in Emergency Medicine to IFEM. It aims to harness global experience in various technologies to achieve cost effective improvements in patient care and reduce the duplication and inefficiencies of providing that care by harnessing technology.
Objectives of the Group
- Provide a forum for networking between individuals with a particular interest in New and Advanced Technology in Emergency Medicine.
- Development of the New and Advance Technology in Emergency Medicine Care Global Report, collecting all relevant and up to date information of new, novel, emerging, and advance technology, with the application in emergency medicine care worldwide
- Development of the IFEM-approved ‘New and Advanced Technology in Emergency Medicine Care’ endorsement process, that will provide IFEM with the tools to support development and implementation of new and advanced technologies into the selected EM care operations globally.
- Development of the IFEM-approved ‘New and Advanced Technology in Emergency Medicine Care’ implementation process that will provide IFEM with the tools to support and enhance implementation of new, novel, emerging and advanced technology in emergency medicine care globally.
- Development of the Global Health Technologies Evaluation Framework, and Global Health Technology Awareness Strategy to provide a platform for the use of new technology in the education, training, research and advocacy of emergency medicine globally.
Expressions of interest are invited from IFEM Members, and non-IFEM Members to join the Special Interest Group. Nominations by your organisation, or self-nominations by individuals within your organisation, should be forwarded to the IFEM Secretariat by completing our contact form.
Dr Grzegorz Waligora | Chair
Polish Society for Emergency Medicine
Grzegorz Waligora, is a practicing Consultant in Emergency Medicine in UK and Poland, actively involved in various IFEM Committees and Special Interest Groups, founder of New and Advanced Technology SIG, reviewer for the Journal of Emergency Medicine, and a faculty member of ICEM2018 in Mexico City and ICEM 2019 in Seoul.