Our Vision, Mission and Goals
A world where all people, in all countries, have access to high-quality emergency medical care.
- To advance the growth of high-quality emergency medical care through education and standards.
- To lead the collaboration and networking necessary to establish universal equality in service and care.
- To promote the creation and growth of the specialty of emergency medicine in every country.
Our Goals outlined in our charter are to:
- Exchange information on topics of international interest.
- Provide a mechanism for international collaborative research.
- Provide a mechanism for international elective opportunities for trainees in emergency medicine programs.
- Provide an avenue for international sabbatical and exchange opportunities for practitioners of emergency medicine.
- Act as a forum for common problems and approaches to solving problems specific to emergency medicine.
- Offer advice and guidance to emergency medicine practitioners worldwide in the formation of national associations and training and certification programs.
- Provide a network system of centers to facilitate international cooperation in the event of national or manmade disasters.
- Organize an international conference on topics of interest in emergency medicine.
- Act as a resource in the development of emergency medical services.
We support the following principles:
- All countries should provide unrestricted access to emergency healthcare.
- Emergency medicine encompasses a unique and specified body of knowledge and should be recognized as a distinct independent medical specialty in all countries.