The IFEM Assembly is the body representing our Member organizations. It comprises the President (or their nominee) from each Full Member organization and one non-voting representative from each Affiliate and Ex-Officio Member organization.
The Assembly acts as a forum for discussion and a mechanism for collaboration on issues relating to international emergency medicine. It is responsible for ratifying the IFEM Board’s actions and elects the members of the Board including the Officers of the Executive.
Key responsibilities include:
- Election of the Board and its Officers
- Approving changes to IFEM’s Constitution and Bylaws
- Ratification of the Board’s recommendation regarding the hosts of ICEM
- Ratification of the Board’s recommendation regarding the maintenance of the Secretariat
- Reviewing any actions taken by the Board or Executive between meetings of the Assembly
Assembly meetings are held in person or online biannually, during the International Conference on Emergency Medicine, usually in June, and at the time of the AGM.
The Annual General Meeting is held online, usually in October.
Each Member organization is responsible for ensuring the attendance of their Assembly representative at meetings. The Secretariat will call for agenda items six months prior to the meeting, and Members who are unable to attend are welcome to nominate a representative.
IFEM ASSEMBLY, ICEM JUNE 2019, SEOUL
IFEM ASSEMBLY, ICEM JUNE 2016, CAPE TOWN
IFEM ASSEMBLY, ICEM JUNE 2014, HONG KONG