Gautam Bodiwala Lifetime Leadership Achievement Award
The Gautam Bodiwala Lifetime Leadership Achievement Award is IFEM’s highest honour. The purpose of the Award is to recognize an individual who has demonstrated an extensive and continuous commitment to the International Federation for Emergency Medicine resulting in significant contributions to the development and advancement of the IFEM in addition to extensive and continuous commitment to the specialty of emergency medicine in their own country. Criteria for selection for the Gautam Bodiwala Lifetime Leadership Achievement Award should include the following:
- Serving in a leadership role within the International Federation for Emergency Medicine (IFEM) as a member of the Board, Executive, or as a Committee Chair.
- Serving on the IFEM Assembly, Committees, or Task Forces, and demonstrating outstanding service in serving or promoting the IFEM.
- Active involvement with International Conference on Emergency Medicine (ICEM) as a conference organizer, committee representative, speaker, or by demonstrating outstanding service promoting the educational objectives of the ICEM.
The nominee must have met at least one aspect of all three of the above criteria and served the IFEM in some capacity for a minimum of ten years. In addition, the nominee cannot be a member of the Executive or Board at the time of Award presentation. Nominees who are finishing their terms on the Executive or Board may not participate in the Awards process in any way and will be excluded from all award communications immediately upon nomination.
- Only members in good standing are eligible to nominate individuals for the Gautam Bodiwala Lifetime Leadership Achievement Award.
- The nominations should be made by a reference letter (maximum of four (4) pages) presenting the rationale for recognizing the contributions of the nominee and accompanied by a one page citation.
- Nominations in response to a call for nominees should arrive at the IFEM Secretariat with supporting documentation at least 90 days prior to the Board meeting at which ratification of the nominations will
- The Board will review, approve and ratify a maximum of one nominee. Nominees who are completing service on the Board may not participate in the selection process in any way and are to be excluded from all communications concerning the Award selection.
- The awardee will then be recognized at the next
This award should not be given if, in a given year, the Board does not feel that any nominees meet its expectations for selection.
Award Nomination Fee
High and Upper Middle income countries $300
Lower Middle income countries $150
Low income countries $50
Please note that all nominations must reach the IFEM Secretariat by 5pm on 1 October 2022