The purpose of the IFEM Humanitarian Award is to recognize an individual or organization that has conducted work related to international emergency medicine which has led to major humanitarian or public health benefits or positive effects. As the development of the specialty of emergency medicine and of emergency care systems within a country or region is a collaborative effort, a nominator should consider the contributions of both local and international leaders and teams, when considering a candidate for this award. It is essential that feedback about any individual being considered for this prestigious award be obtained from local people who have been involved in the work that has led to this nomination.
- IFEM Founding, Full, Affiliate and Ex-officio Members are eligible to nominate a candidate for the Humanitarian Award.
- The candidate may be an individual or an organisation or a government body who has contributed significantly to the field of emergency medicine.
- Nominations should be made by a covering letter. This letter should clearly present the rationale for recognising the contributions of the individual or organisation and must be accompanied by a one page citation.
- The IFEM Board will review, approve and ratify any recommendations for this Award
- Nominations with the supporting documentation and administration fee (per nomination), should be sent to the IFEM Secretariat at least 90 days prior to the regular Board meeting at which voting on the nominations will occur.
- A maximum of two Humanitarian Awards may be approved for presentation at each
Presentation of the Humanitarian Award
Recipients will be recognis\zed at the Awards ceremony at the next ICEM Awards Ceremony.
Award Nomination Fee
High and Upper Middle income countries $300
Lower Middle income countries $150
Low income countries $50
Humanitarian Award Recipients
Skalicky, Rosanne (ACEM)
Cattamanchi, Srihari (SEMI)
Klaassen, Barry (RCEM)
Molyneux, Elizabeth (RCEM)
Arellano Hernandez, Noe (SMME)
Curry, Chris (ACEM)
García Guerrero, Armando Carlos (SMME
Hall, Haywood (PACEMD, ACEP)
Wong Tai Wai (HKCEM)
Tong, Hon-kuan (HKCEM)
Holliman, C. James (ACEP)
Redmond, Anthony D. (CEM-UK)
Bradt, David (ACEM)
Bullard, Michael (CAEP)
Rick Brennan (ACEM)
Michael VanRooyen (ACEP)
Yehezkel Waisman (Israeli AEM)
Frederick Burkle (ACEP)
Please note that all nominations must reach the IFEM Secretariat by 5pm on 1 October 2022.