Becoming an IFEM Member gives emergency physicians in your organization and country the benefit of an international network of like-minded colleagues and opens the door to be involved in the development of global emergency medical care.
Being an IFEM Member Provides you with the opportunity to:
- Exchange information on topics of international interest.
- Provide a mechanism for international collaborative research.
- Provide a mechanism for international elective opportunities for trainees in emergency medicine training programs.
- Provide a mechanism for international sabbatical for practitioners of emergency medicine.
- Act as a forum for common problems and approaches in disciplines specific to emergency medicine.
- Offer advice and guidance to emergency medicine practitioners world-wide in the formation of national associations/colleges/certification programs.
- Provide a network of centres to facilitate international cooperation in the event of natural or human-made disasters.
- Organize international conferences/symposia on topics of interest in emergency medicine.
- Act as a resource in the development of emergency medicine services.
As a Full Member you receive the following benefits:
- The right to appoint one member to the Assembly.
- The right to one vote.
- The right to serve on the Executive or committees subject to regulations.
- The right to apply to hold an IFEM conference or symposium.
- The right to nominate for awards (subject to payment of a small administrative charge).
- The right to state that your organization is an IFEM member on your own website.
- Reduced cost IFEM endorsement for conferences (subject to approval).
- Reduced cost job advertising on the IFEM website.
- Free addition for events on the IFEM website events calendar.
- Addition of your organization website to the IFEM website via a link.
Other benefits include:
- IFEM’S Committee, Special Interest Group and Taskforce infrastructure opens a pathway for your Members to have an active involvement in creating standards, guidelines, and a unified approach to many common EM related clinical, academic and organizational problems.
- IFEM offers assistance to EM practitioners in countries who don’t have EM recognized as a specialty.
- IFEM offers assistance to countries who recognize EM as a specialty by assisting in the development of training programs, undergraduate and graduate curriculums, and assessment methods.