- About Us
- Our Vision, Mission and Goals
- Our Board of Directors
- The Importance of Emergency Care
- Emergency Medicine Facts
- Why IFEM is needed
- IFEM Assembly
IFEM Awards IFEM Awards
- Our governance
- Our history
- Contact us
- Global Campaign Against ED Over-Crowding
- Emergency Medical Care Worker Wellbeing
- About our Committees
Clinical Practice Committee Clinical Practice Committee
Continuing Professional Development Committee Continuing Professional Development Committee
Core Curriculum and Education Committee Core Curriculum and Education Committee
Finance Committee Finance Committee
Governance Committee Governance Committee
Research Committee Research Committee
Speciality Implementation Committee Speciality Implementation Committee
- Committee Expression of Interest 2023-2025
Special Interest Groups Special Interest Groups
- About Special Interest Groups
Behavioral Emergencies SIG Behavioral Emergencies SIG
Critical Care in Emergency Medicine SIG Critical Care in Emergency Medicine SIG
Disaster Medicine SIG Disaster Medicine SIG
EM Resident Trainee Special Interest Group EM Resident Trainee Special Interest Group
Emergency Ultrasound SIG Emergency Ultrasound SIG
Gender Specific Issues SIG Gender Specific Issues SIG
Geriatric Emergency Medicine SIG Geriatric Emergency Medicine SIG
Informatics Special Interest Group Informatics Special Interest Group
New and Advanced Technologies SIG New and Advanced Technologies SIG
Paediatric Emergency Medicine SIG Paediatric Emergency Medicine SIG
Quality and Safety SIG Quality and Safety SIG
Trauma SIG Trauma SIG
- About our Taskforces
Portuguese Translation Taskforce Portuguese Translation Taskforce
Spanish Translation Taskforce Spanish Translation Taskforce
World Health Organization Taskforce World Health Organization Taskforce
Events Taskforce Events Taskforce
International Conference on Emergency Medicine International Conference on Emergency Medicine
- Event Calendar
- Past event recordings
- Event endorsement
- Symposia collaboration
- Apply for free IFEM event registration
Becoming an IFEM Member gives emergency physicians in your organization and country the benefit of an international network of like-minded colleagues and opens the door to be involved in the development of global emergency medical care.
Being an IFEM Member Provides you with the opportunity to:
- Exchange information on topics of international interest.
- Provide a mechanism for international collaborative research.
- Provide a mechanism for international elective opportunities for trainees in emergency medicine training programs.
- Provide a mechanism for international sabbatical for practitioners of emergency medicine.
- Act as a forum for common problems and approaches in disciplines specific to emergency medicine.
- Offer advice and guidance to emergency medicine practitioners world-wide in the formation of national associations/colleges/certification programs.
- Provide a network of centres to facilitate international cooperation in the event of natural or human-made disasters.
- Organize international conferences/symposia on topics of interest in emergency medicine.
- Act as a resource in the development of emergency medicine services.
As a Full Member you receive the following benefits:
- The right to appoint one member to the Assembly.
- The right to one vote.
- The right to serve on the Executive or committees subject to regulations.
- The right to apply to hold an IFEM conference or symposium.
- The right to nominate for awards (subject to payment of a small administrative charge).
- The right to state that your organization is an IFEM member on your own website.
- Reduced cost IFEM endorsement for conferences (subject to approval).
- Reduced cost job advertising on the IFEM website.
- Free addition for events on the IFEM website events calendar.
- Addition of your organization website to the IFEM website via a link.
Other benefits include:
- IFEM’S Committee, Special Interest Group and Taskforce infrastructure opens a pathway for your Members to have an active involvement in creating standards, guidelines, and a unified approach to many common EM related clinical, academic and organizational problems.
- IFEM offers assistance to EM practitioners in countries who don’t have EM recognized as a specialty.
- IFEM offers assistance to countries who recognize EM as a specialty by assisting in the development of training programs, undergraduate and graduate curriculums, and assessment methods.