Leadership and Advocacy Skills Development Program
For New and Emerging Leaders
Sponsored by the Abu Dhabi Department of Health and supported by In Professional Development
This three-session interactive course focuses on early career leaders and is particularly suited for junior faculty and new emergency medicine specialists.
A curriculum will be followed. It will be modelled on existing curricula and standards of care documents from organizational leadership and EM professional societies around the world. International EM leaders’ personal perspectives will be featured.
- Team leadership
- Developing high-performing teams
- Mentorship and growth mindset
- Basic skills for delivering education and developing training programs for junior staff
- Personal leadership style development
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic reviews and an agile response
- Global awareness and benchmarking
Delegates are required to attend all three sessions, which will be held online.
The Authentic Leader
- Self–developing self-awareness
- Personality diagnostics – recognizing and working with difference
- Defining leadership – key concepts of leadership
- Values – developing an authentic, strengths-based leadership style
- Professional development – developing practice in self and others
- Developing emotional intelligence – building empathy for others
- Transactional analysis – reducing conflict and encouraging positive interactions
- Introduction to coaching and mentoring
- Coaching practice – GROW model
Select a course
We currently have three courses catering to different time zones to choose from.
Note that delegates can only select one cohort to participate in and must be available for all three sessions.
Cohort 1 - COMPLETED
Session One - Thursday 13 July 2023 7:00-10:00 am UTC
Session Two - Tuesday 1 August 2023 7:00-10:00 am UTC
Session Three - Monday 21 August 2023 7:00-10:00 am UTC
[London 8:00 am | 5:00 pm AEST | 3:00 pm HKT | 7:00 pm NZST | 9:00 am CEST | 11:00 am GST | 3:00am EDT | 12:00 am PDT]
Session One - Tuesday 29 August 2023 1:00-4:00 pm UTC
Session Two - Tuesday 19 September 2023 1:00-4:00 pm UTC
Session Three - Tuesday 26 September 2023 1:00-4:00 pm UTC
[London 2:00 pm | 11:00 pm AEST | 9:00 pm HKT | 1:00 am NZST/Session Three 2:00 am NZDT | 3:00 pm CEST | 5:00 pm GST | 9:00am EDT | 6:00 am PDT]
Session One - Friday 10 November 2023 2:00-5:00 pm UTC
Session Two - Friday 17 November 2023 2:00-5:00 pm UTC
Session Three - Monday 11 December 2023 2:00:5:00 pm UTC
[London 2:00 pm | 1:00 am AEDT | 10:00 pm HKT | 3:00 am NZDT | 3:00 pm CET | 6:00 pm GST | 9:00am EST | 6:00 am PDT/PST]
Check the time in your region https://savvytime.com/converter
All Delegates will receive:
• Attendance at all three sessions, assignments and notes
• Certificate of completion
$525 AUD - High-Income Countries
$300 AUD - Upper-Middle-Income Countries
$100 AUD - Low- and Lower-Middle Income Countries
$100 AUD - Non Doctors
Note - prices above are in Australian dollars, approximately 0.65 US dollars. Click here to check the cost in your currency.
James has extensive experience in commercial and operational roles within high-growth environments and has consulted with all sizes of organizations across multiple sectors.
James brings a pragmatic, thought-provoking and experienced-led perspective to address the challenges faced by leaders today.
He supports leaders in distributing decision-making and deploying coaching practices to achieve sustainable growth and empower the organization.
Dr Rasha Buhumaid, President Emirates Society of Emergency Medicine
Dr Elizabeth DeVos MD, MPH, FACEP, FIFEM
IFEM Executive Board Member and Director of Academic Activities
Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville
Dr Mulinda Nyirenda, IFEM board member and IFEM Africa regional representative
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Due to high demand, we are currently taking applications. Please complete the below form and you will be notified of your success and asked to finalise your registration with a payment.