COVID-19 Vaccines Resources
WHO, UNICEF, Gavi and many other partners are working together to support countries in preparing for COVID-19 vaccination. Guidance, tools, and trainings are available to support Ministries of Health, health workers, partner organizations and others for COVID-19 vaccines rollout. These materials can be accessed on the COVID-19 vaccines country readiness and delivery section of the WHO website.
New resources include:
The COVID-19 vaccine demand package, which includes guidance, tools, and templates to generate acceptance and demand for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Acceptance and demand for COVID-19 vaccines: guidance for overall planning, 31 January 2021.
- Acceptance and demand for COVID-19 vaccines: planning template in Excel, 31 January 2021.
- Data for action: achieving high uptake of COVID-19 vaccines through measuring behavioral and social drivers, 3 February 2021.
- Conducting community engagement for COVID-19 vaccines, 31 January 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccines: misinformation management guide, December 2020.
COVID-19 vaccine specific resources
WHO has developed vaccine-specific resources for COVID-19 vaccines that receive emergency use listing or prequalification. Additional resources and translations will be available shortly.
- Pfizershort instructional training video
- SAGE Interim recommendations for use of the Pfizer vaccine
- Vaccine explainer English, Chinese, Russian
- Training slide deck
- SAGE Interim recommendations for use of the Moderna mRNA-1273 vaccine against COVID-19
- Moderna mRNA-1273 vaccine explainer
Supply and logistics guidance
- COVID-19 vaccination: Supply and logistics guidance helps national and subnational supply and logistics focal points to prepare and strengthen their supply chain strategies to receive, store, distribute and manage the COVID-19 vaccines and their ancillary products, in line with their national deployment and vaccination plan (NDVP).
- WHO Expanded Programme on Immunization Forecasting tool explains how to forecast the needs for vaccines, equipment for safe vaccination, as well as cold chain and ambient storage capacities for national immunization programmes.
- New job aides for vaccinators on how to prepare for COVID-19 vaccines have been added to the COVID-19 vaccination training for health workers and the Orientation to National Deployment and Vaccination Planning for COVID-19 Vaccines.
All COVID-19 vaccine introduction resources can be found online. Resources will be updated as new information becomes available.